Today is Ag Day!! I'm very proud to be a part of an industry that takes great care of cows and the land, contributes to local communities and the economy, and produces a wholesome, nutritious and safe product--milk.
Since most Americans are several generations removed from the farm, we in agriculture want to bridge the gap and keep everyone informed about how food is produced and about sustainable and responsible modern agriculture practices.
We want to make sure this is a two-way conversation. To get started, we do have some questions for you:
1. How do you make purchasing decisions about the food you buy?
2. How do you think the dairy products you purchase are produced?
3. Do you believe milk is safe? Why or why not?
4. How do you believe animals in food production are treated? Why do you think this?
5. Would you be satisfied with your food supply and food safety if it were to come from another country at the same or lower price?