- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup broccoli and cauliflower
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 (9") pie crusts (either buy it pre-made or make your own...both are good)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peas. Add water and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside in another bowl
- In the same saucepan, over medium heat cook onion in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Put one prepared pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and spoon chicken mixture into it. Pour hot broth mixture over the filling. Cover with remaining crust, seal edges and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake pie on a baking sheet for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving