"You cook the same way your mother does!" Granny exclaimed when I was telling her what I was cooking on Sunday. Well, I can't argue too much. I've been trying to use up a lot of stuff in my fridge and freezer so I decided to throw it into a stir fry like mom does. However, instead of using a frying pan, I decided to put a new spin on it and throw it into the Crock Pot. So, while I went on a massive cleaning/organizing spree lots of delicious food could cook.
I wasn't sure how it would turn out. After all, I did just throw a bunch of stuff into the Crock Pot and didn't measure any of it. It turned out great, though.
Jerk Chicken Sausage Stir Fry (in the Crock Pot)
- 2 Onions
- 2 Bell Peppers (I used yellow and orange, but you can use whatever color you like best)
- Sliced Carrots
- 2 Packages chicken sausage (I used one package of smoked chicken sausage and the other was jalapeno/cheddar chicken sausage)
- Marinade (I used jerk marinade since that's what I had)
- Jasmine rice
- Elbow noodles
- 1 Cup Water
- Add onions, bell peppers, carrots, chicken sausage, marinade and water to the Crock Pot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- About an hour before it's done, add the rice and noodles. You can add just rice or just noodles, but I had a little of both to use up so I added them both.
- Stir occasionally.