Looking for the perfect recipe for a family get together, barbecue or just for dinner tonight? If you love creamy, fluffy dessert salads, you'll love this Pistachio Cream Salad. It's perfect for dinner OR dessert!
If you've been reading my posts for the last few weeks, you know I've spent A LOT of time out at the fair. Growing up, showing my cows at the county and state fair were two of my favorite parts of the summer. Five days at the fair was never long enough. Show day was always a blast and so was hanging out with new and old friends in the barn. We rarely left the barns. There was no need to.
Spending all day at the fair meant lots of fair food. Since the county fair was in my town, we could eat at home sometimes. Quick and easy meals and side dishes were a must. Who wants to slave over the stove after spending all day at the fair? Not me.
This salad is the perfect side dish for your next picnic or any time you need something quick and easy. I'm definitely Granny's granddaughter when it comes to this recipe, meaning that I don't really use a recipe. A little of this, a can of that...you get the idea. It's hard to mess this up.
Pistachio Cream Salad
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 small can of crushed pineapple
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges
- 1 box of Jello instant Pistachio pudding mix
- Mini marshmallows (I like the colorful ones)
- Pour the pineapple, mini marshmallows and mandarin oranges into a bowl with the cool whip
- Mix contents together
- Mix pistachio pudding mix into the bowl
- Blend everything together
- Store in the refrigerator until it firms up a bit
- Serve & enjoy!