October is also National Pork Month, so what better way to kick it off than with a new favorite recipe?
Our family loves ribs and Mom and Granny have their own twists on this dinner staple. After a long day working on the farm, my Grandpa and brother always enjoy these.
Back to these yummy ribs! You can use whatever barbecue sauce you like. I mixed a spicy honey version with a hawaiian barbecue sauce. Oh my gosh was it good!! I do a lot of canning in the summertime, so I served it with some canned green beans and bacon. Perfect dinner.
Sweet & Spicy BBQ Ribs
- 4 lbs. pork ribs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp BBQ seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper flakes
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (I mixed equal parts Sweet Baby Rays Hawaiian BBQ sauce and Kraft Spicy Honey BBQ sauce)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut or peel membrane off the bony side of the rack of ribs
- Mix sugar and spices together
- Rub mixture on both sides of ribs
- Lay rack of ribs between two sheets of aluminum foil, crimp the edges
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 2.5 hours
- Remove from oven & heat broiler
- Brush bbq sauce on both sides
- Broil for a few minutes on each side until the sauce is bubbly
Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas
Chicken Pot Pie
Lemon Pepper Tilapia