I'm generally not home at our farm on Thanksgiving, but that day at our place is pretty similar to every other day. Provided beef cows require less attention than dairy cows since they don't have to be milked twice a day, they still require attention and care. They still want to eat!
The grass doesn't grow much in the winter months, so we make sure they have plenty of hay in the manger to eat. We check on the water trough a few times a day to ensure it's full. If it's not, some of the baby calves can't reach it and that is a problem. A major problem in the summertime when it's hot.
I've mentioned before that our cows love treats. I'm not talking about brownies here, though. They love apples from our apple trees, watermelon rinds, corn husks and cobs, and most fruits and vegetables.
You are in for a treat with this recipe. The cranberry adds a unique flavor and will make everyone want seconds.
Cranberry Walnut Stuffing Cups
- Your favorite Stovetop stuffing mix
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Add the water and butter to a sauce pan and bring to a boil
- Then add the stuffing mix and immediately remove from heat
- Mix thoroughly
- Add the cranberry sauce and crushed walnuts
- Mix again until both ingredients are evenly distributed
- Fit foil into cupcake pans and spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Add stuffing mix to the foil cups
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes
It makes about 8 cups. You can always double or triple the recipe to make more.