You can use any type of feta. I love sun dried tomato feta and added that. Feel free to adjust the amount of sun dried tomato ingredients to fit your preferences. To scale down the sun dried tomato, you can use regular feta or traditional pizza sauce.
Personal pizzas make pizza night so much easier (and stress free) when everyone in the family likes something different.
Pizza is also an easy meal to take with you. Harvest is coming up quick and has started in some area. This means a lot of time spent in a combine or tractor and not much time spent eating meals at the kitchen table. Corn silage is pretty much finished here in Indiana, but is still underway in Western Washington. Cows love corn silage and it is a good source of energy for them in their diets. More about the corn silage process here.
Pictured here is a personal pizza with a 7" pizza crust. You can make your own or buy them. If you're a pizza fan, also check out my Harvest Pizza.
Sun Dried Tomato Pizza
Ingredients (for a 7" personal pizza. Increase amounts for a larger pizza according to your personal preferences)
- homemade or store-bought pizza crust (personal size or larger)
- 2 tablespoons Sun dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato and basil feta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Spread sun dried tomato pesto on pizza crust
- Add 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Chop fresh basil and spread evenly across the pizza
- Add sun dried tomatoes evenly across the pizza
- Add feta
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella evenly across the pizza
- Finish it off with some dried oregano spread evenly across the pizza
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until cheese is melted and crust is crisp. For my 7" pizza, this took 11 minutes. Monitor it throughout the cooking time.